5/26/2011

Through Jaden's eyes

On the weekend, Jaden (our daughter) was bored and asked me if we could go out and take pictures for a little while. It doesn't take much convincing to get me playing with a camera, so since she finally asked me to do something when we had some free time, we quickly got our things together and took off to see what we could capture. 

Jaden had showed a bit of interest in photography in the past, but she seemed to get frustrated with the limitations of using small point and shoot cameras, and got bored of it. This time, I figured I'd let her use my old 40D, with a 50mm 1.8 lens (a dirt cheap lens that is still one of my favorites). Armed with a tool that was much better than anything she had used before, it was nice to watch her doing her thing, and having fun with it.

We had a few locations in mind on our little adventure, but the rain started coming down not long after we left the house, so we had to change our plans.  She told me I was weird when I said we were going to a parking garage, but I told her that some of the most interesting things are in unlikely places. Being able to find beauty in a grubby setting, looking at things most people don't notice, that's part of the fun.  Still, she told me again that I'm pretty weird. I can't really argue that.

As soon as we got out of the car though, she started actually looking at everything, snapping away, and got a bunch of really good shots.

We were out for a few hours, and had a good time. Looking through her pictures at the end of the day, I was really impressed with what I saw, and she actually even managed to get a few decent shots of me! 

Here are a few of her shots, and I'll be posting a gallery with more of them on Facebook a little later...






2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:10 PM

    Inherited from her father.My favourite, the flower. It is well composed and DOF is there.
    Way to go Jaden, keep it up. Soon it will be Patrick & Jaden Photography Inc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:16 PM

    Wow !!! very impressive shots !!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.