1/03/2011

Back to the beginning - North Bay Food Photography

Last night I spent some time looking through all the work I've done since last January, and I realized it has been a year since I started this blog.  I did well in the first month, posting 25 times. Things went downhill from there until I ended up with only 2 posts in the last few months.

I'll see if I can keep the momentum going this year and put something up at least every other day. My first post last year was a shot of some soup, so I figured I'd start this year the same way with a bowl of Inferno sausage and rice soup.

It has been a while since I took shots of my food, and I wasn't sure why until I started taking pictures of this soup.  The problem is I don't have any more variety. Same foods, same colours, same dishes, same silverware, same, same, same. I guess I got about as far as I could with these quick shots and moved on to something else.

I like taking the food shots though, so I'll see what I can find to mix things up a little, and still keep things really simple (no lighting or major set up, etc...).

The first photo below was taken using a Canon 50mm 1.8 lens, and for the second shot I thought I'd try out my new Lensbaby Muse plastic lens. The muse is not ideal for food shots but it is a fun little toy, and I'll get into that later, but for now here are the shots.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.