2/26/2010

Winter... Wonderland?

Well, I've been trying to motivate myself to get in shape lately, and I started jogging a little bit. I say a little bit, because it has been years since I've done anything with this body, so I don't get too far before I want to lay down on the sidewalk and reject my insides. I was running on a fairly regular basis a few summers ago (the first time since I was young), and feeling pretty good about it, so I'd like to get in that routine again. I'm not looking to do great distances, or spend much time doing this. I was always satisfied just going for a quick 4 or 5km boot around town.  Right now I'm killing myself just trying to get to 3.5km. hah. I've only been out a few times though, so I'm sure it won't take long to get the old body into it again.

The big problem I'm having is that running (which worked for a few days when it was warm) has now turned into a challenge of making my way through deep snow, ice patches, and stinging wind. I'm not so interested in that, so progress is a little slower than I'd like.

Winter is definitely not one my favorite things, but when you think about it, there is something kind of magical about snow, isn't there? Here are a few wintery shots I've taken...



1 comment:

  1. It really is too bad that the beauty of a snow covered winter wonderland is so easily ruined by the harsh chill. Otherwise, a beautiful thing for sure - fat falling flakes, soft white blankets of clean, even the speckled ice crystals drifting in the sunlight. Beautiful, and cold. Not unlike a fine woman I suppose. Winter is a harsh mistress...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.