2/22/2010

Money. Love it? Hate it? Need it.

I've got money on the brain these days, for a few reasons:

First: It's time for me to start organizing all my financial info for taxes for the business. I usually have this in order and tracked on an ongoing basis, but this has been quite a messy year, and things didn't come together like they normally do.

Second: Because of the messy year, I haven't had time to be as active with my business as I'd like, as far as promoting myself or going after new clients. This needs to change so that I can keep things rolling, and keep the dollars flowing. So, like it or not, I've got money on my mind because of that.

Third and Final: I'm seeing a lot of greed all over the place these days (nothing new, I'm just noticing more), and it's really annoying. Of course we all need money, to pay taxes, to keep a roof over our heads, to feed the very hungry mouths of our children, and to buy a few toys here and there. Some people just take it to the next level.

I have no problem with people wanting to make more money, get a nicer house, a great car, go on a cool trip, whatever... Of course people want these things, and as a small business owner, going after more money is very important to stay afloat. Like it or not, money is a necessary evil.

Where I get disgusted is when people just want to get their grubby paws on everything they can, even if it's stuff they don't care for at all. It gets to the point where a person loses any trace of personality, and goes on a mission, with a one track mind. If there's something free to be had, they'll take it. If there's money to be made, they'll go after it, regardless of who it hurts. They'll sneak around, turn on those close to them, whatever it takes. All for a few bucks, or a couple pieces of junk. Oh, and of course if you've got a few bucks more than the next guy, you must be a better person right? Not familiar with this type of person? Just wait until someone in your family passes away, they'll be all over the place in no time, sniffing around for anything they can claim as their own.

I guess in the end it's a fine line isn't it? Even for me, at what point does my desire to do better in business become a matter of greed, and not just wanting to do well and support my family? I don't know if I'll ever figure that out. Oh well, in the spirit of greed, here's a shot I took of some big money!


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:25 PM

    I agree with you fully Patrick.....

    Fred

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.