1/18/2010

Goin' low tech

Thanks to digital photography, and not having to worry about the cost of buying and developing film, people went from just taking the same old boring pictures at special events like birthdays & holidays, to now really documenting their lives. With 100,000+ pictures sitting in my hard drives, photography is definitely an everyday thing for me.

Digital is obviously great, but when I received my Holga (a very low tech, all plastic camera) in the mail, I got a little excited. Like a kid with a new toy, I was giddy when I opened the package.

There's nothing fancy about this camera, it's not much more than a plastic box that houses medium format film. It even comes with a roll of black tape that can be used around the seams to prevent light leaks. That is if you want to prevent them. Letting light in and getting random burns on the film can be a nice effect too. Thanks to the flawed plastic lens, the shots have a nice hazy retro feel. The results are completely unpredictable, and that's why I love it.

Here are few of thd shots I've taken with the Holga.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.